Well, maybe the best way is: a paradox.
We’ve got a dish that’s both light and hearty, delicious and nutritious, lean and mean. Our guilt-free turkey, served with a light homestyle gravy, really is the best of both worlds.
There’s no two ways about it.
Seasoned turkey breast (water, dextrose, salt, soy protein, sodium and potassium phosphates, autolyzed yeast extract, hydrolyzed soy protein, flavour, soy lecithin), Gravy (water, modified corn starch, corn syrup solids, flavour, hydrolyzed corn and soy protein, autolyzed yeast extract, modified milk ingredients, onion, caramel colour, parsley, spices, disodium inosinate, disodium guanylate, xanthan gum, citric acid).
1. Remove all packaging, except plastic pouch, destroying any evidence that dish was store-bought.
2. Fill 4-qt. sauce pan ¾ full with water, refer to this only as “the water bath.”
3. Bring the water bath to a boil and turn down to low heat.
4. Carefully place your vacuum sealed Turkey Breast Roast in its bath.
5. Cover and heat for 12-15 minutes.
6. Tell anyone who will listen that this is a gourmet culinary technique called Sous-Vide (pronounced soo-veed), and that you are very fancy and cultured.
7. Carefully remove roast and gravy, open pouch and display amongst other gourmet dishes.
8. Impress everyone.
1. Remove turkey and gravy from plastic pouch and place in a covered ovenproof dish. DO NOT USE TRAY PROVIDED, IT WILL MELT.
2. Heat in a preheated 350°F/180°C oven for 25-30 minutes or until hot.
3. Remove from oven and serve.
1. Throw away the cardboard sleeve and plastic cover.
2. Realize you still need instructions and grab cardboard from recycling bin.
3. Leave turkey in black tray, and make 3 slits in the pouch with a knife.
4. Microwave on MEDIUM for 5 minutes.
5. Let stand for 2 minutes, carefully remove from pouch and serve.