Ridiculous. Just ridiculous.
As anyone down in the Lone Star State will tell you, beans have as much business in a bowl of chili as a fox in a hen house. That’s right. Zilch.
So, to all the chili purists out there, rest assured. Our True Texas Style Steak Chili is just that – true.
Beef, Diced tomatoes (tomatoes, tomato juice, calcium chloride, citric acid), Water, Tomato paste, Onions, Dehydrated red and green peppers, Spices, Jalapeno peppers (jalapeno peppers, salt, acetic acid, calcium chloride), Garlic (garlic, water), Salt, Sugar, Potassium sorbate, Sodium benzoate.
1. Remove all packaging, except plastic pouch, destroying any evidence that dish was store-bought.
2. Fill 4-qt. sauce pan ¾ full with water, refer to this only as “the water bath.”
3. Bring the water bath to a boil and turn off heat.
4. Carefully place your vacuum sealed Texas Style Steak Chili in its bath.
5. Cover and heat for 12-15 minutes.
6. Tell anyone who will listen that this is a gourmet culinary technique called Sous-Vide (pronounced soo-veed), and that you are very fancy and cultured.
7. Carefully remove the chili, open pouch and display amongst other gourmet dishes.
8. Impress everyone.
1. Open plastic pouch and empty chili into a pot.
2. Heat on medium for 8 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally
3. Remove from heat and serve.
1. Throw away the cardboard sleeve and plastic cover.
2. Realize you still need instructions and grab sleeve from recycling bin.
3. Leave chili in black tray, and make 3 slits in the pouch with a knife.
4. Microwave on MEDIUM for 5 minutes.
5. Let stand for 2 minutes, carefully remove from pouch and serve.