Well, unless you’re running late. But beyond that, it’s good to slow things down. Take a step back. You’d be surprised. This is our approach to cooking our Slow Braised Beef Pot Roast. Crafted with Certified Angus Beef and slow cooked for hours on end, we take our sweet time to ensure the roast is perfectly seasoned and braised to tender perfection. What’s the rush, anyhow?
Beef, Gravy [water, sugars (dextrose, sugar), modified corn starch, salt, hydrolyzed corn, soy and wheat protein, spices, caramel colour, flavour, onion powder, garlic powder, dehydrated parsley, modified milk ingredients, canola and/or sunflower seed oil, xanthan gum, silicon dioxide].
Milk, Soy, Wheat.
Product can be frozen, defrost before heating. Ensure product is thoroughly heated (165°F/74°C) before serving. Since appliances vary, heating instructions are guidelines only.
1. Remove all packaging, except plastic pouch, destroying any evidence that dish was store-bought. 2. Fill 4-qt. sauce pan 3/4 full with water, refer to this only as “the water bath”.
3. Bring the water bath to a boil and turn down to low heat.
4. Carefully place your vacuum sealed Certified Angus Beef® Pot Roast in its bath.
5. Cover and heat for 12-15 minutes.
6. Tell anyone who will listen that this is a gourmet culinary technique called Sous-Vide (pronounced soo-veed), and that you are very fancy and cultured.
7. Carefully remove roast, open pouch and display amongst other gourmet dishes.
8. Impress everyone.
1. Remove roast from plastic pouch and place in an ovenproof dish. DO NOT USE TRAY PROVIDED, IT WILL MELT.
2. Heat in a preheated 350°F/180°C oven for 25-30 minutes or until hot.
3. Remove from oven and serve.
1. Throw away this cardboard sleeve and the plastic cover.
2. Realize you still need instructions and grab cardboard from recycling bin.
3. Leave roast in white tray, and make 3 slits in the pouch with a knife.
4. For one roast, microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes. Eating both? Heat for 7 1/2 minutes.
5. Let stand for 2 minutes, carefully remove from pouch, and serve.