Kansas City has more boulevards than Paris, more fountains than Rome, and more sweetness than both cities combined. Self-proclaimed (boldly!) as the BBQ capital of the world, the city is also the inspiration behind 44th Street’s Kansas City Beef Brisket - the perfect balance
Beef, BBQ Sauce (water, sugars [sugar, brown sugar, blackstrap molasses], tomato paste, vinegar, salt, cayenne pepper sauce [cayenne red peppers, vinegar, water, salt, garlic powder], modified corn starch, worcestershire sauce [vinegar, molasses, corn syrup, water, salt, caramel, garlic powder, sugar, spices, tamarind, natural flavour, sulphites], spices and spice extracts [contains mustard], natural flavour, concentrated lime juice, caramel, dehydrated garlic, chili pepper seeds, sodium benzoate, dehydrated onion, xanthan gum).
1. Remove all packaging, except plastic pouch, destroying any evidence that dish was store-bought.
2. Bring med-large pot of water to a gentle boil, refer to this only as “the water bath”.
3. Carefully place unopened pouch in its bath.
4. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
5. Tell anyone who will listen that this is a gourmet culinary technique called Sous-Vide (pronounced soo-veed), and that you are very fancy and cultured.
6. Carefully remove brisket, open pouch and serve with your favourite sides. Or, for best results, remove from packaging and place brisket and sauce in an oven proof dish then brown and baste in a 400°F oven before serving.
7. Impress everyone
1. Remove roast from plastic pouch and place in a covered ovenproof dish.
2. Heat in a preheated 350°F/180°C oven for 25-30 minutes or until hot. For best results, once heated, remove cover and increase temperature to 400°F for 5-7 minutes to baste and caramelize the brisket before serving.
1. Throw away the retail box.
2. Realize you still need instructions and grab the box from the recycling bin.
3. Place pouch in a microwave safe dish and cut a small slit in top of package.
4. Microwave on HIGH for 5 minutes and rest 2-3 minutes.
5. Carefully remove from pouch and serve.